COVID-19 Rent Relief – Victoria
Did you know that the coronavirus rent relief grant is available to any renters in Victoria experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
To be eligible you will need to meet the below criteria:
- Have, or will shortly have a bond registered with the Victorian Residential Tenancies Bond Authority
- Have registered your revised rental agreement with Consumer Affairs Victoria or gone through mediation
- Have less than $5,000 in savings
- Still be paying at least 30% of your income in rent
- Your household income must be less than $1,903 per week
There is no citizenship or permanent residency requirements for applicants, meaning you may be eligible as a casual worker on holiday and working visas, skilled visas, seasonal workers, New Zealanders and all refugees and temporary protection visa holders.
You can register your agreement with Consumer Affairs Victoria here.
Read more about Victoria’s COVID-19 Rent Relief legislation here – prepared by Mills Oakley.
Download Mills Oakley’s COVID-19 Rent Relief legislation