COVID-19 Rent Relief – Victoria
Did you know that the coronavirus rent relief grant is available to any renters in Victoria experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
To be eligible you will need to meet the below criteria:
- Have, or will shortly have a bond registered with the Victorian Residential Tenancies Bond Authority
- Have registered your revised rental agreement with Consumer Affairs Victoria or gone through mediation
- Have less than $5,000 in savings
- Still be paying at least 30% of your income in rent
- Your household income must be less than $1,903 per week
There is no citizenship or permanent residency requirements for applicants, meaning you may be eligible as a casual worker on holiday and working visas, skilled visas, seasonal workers, New Zealanders and all refugees and temporary protection visa holders.
Download Mills Oakley’s COVID-19 Rent Relief legislation