The ACT and Northern Territories have both opened their Skilled Migration Program for 2022-23. For eligible applicants, the visa programs provide a pathway to permanent residency in the states of ACT or NT, Australia.
The state-nominated visas include:
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa
- Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491) visa
Here is a summary of the two territory programs – for further information, please get in touch with our expert team of migration agents:
Skilled migration applications in the ACT
On 10 August 2022, the ACT launched its Canberra Matrix Invitation round. Every month, a certain number of nomination invitations are available (prorated on the annual allocation) to those working in the highest ranked Matrix in each occupation.
For the 2022-23 Program, the ACT has received an interim allocation of:
- 800 places for the 190 visa
- 1920 places for the subclass 491 visa
At the time of writing, the number of remaining nomination places in the ACT is as follows:
- 720 (prorated 68 per month) for the 190 visa
- 1805 (prorated 170 per month) for the 491 visa
The ACT Critical Skills List identifies the occupations in current demand in the ACT and is important if you want to apply for ACT nomination. To view the list, click here.
Skilled migration applications in the Northern Territory
On 12 August 2022, the NT announced that it has received an interim allocation of skilled migration nominations for 2022-23 however at the time of writing, the number of nomination places have not been specified.
Applications are being accepted for onshore applications however offshore applications are currently closed. It is anticipated that a date for reopening offshore applications will be announced soon.
Eligible applicants should apply as soon as they meet the eligibility criteria which includes. To receive a nomination from the NT Government, you must:
- Meet the Australian Government’s requirements
- Meet the NT Government’s nomination eligibility criteria
- Commit to living and working in the NT in your skilled occupation for a minimum of three years following the grant of your visa.
For further information including your eligibility for either of the two visa pathways or to discuss the best option that suits your circumstance, please get in touch with our friendly team of experts: firstname.lastname@example.org