Victoria offers one-off COVID-19 support payment
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services is providing a one-off $1,500 payment designed to financially support Victorian workers who, as of 20 June, have been instructed by the department to self-isolate or quarantine at home because they are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
This support is available to anyone currently residing in Victoria and includes some Temporary Visa holders.
Who is eligible for the COIVD-19 worker support payment?
To be eligible for the COVID-19 support payment you must:
- Have coronavirus or be a close contact and have been instructed by the by the Department of Health and Human Services to self-isolate or quarantine at home
- Be 17 years and over
- Currently reside in Victoria (including people on Temporary Protection Visas and Temporary Working Visas 457 and 482)
- Be in continuing employment, likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation or quarantine at home and unable to work as a result of the requirement to self-isolate or quarantine at home
- Be workers who are not receiving any income, earnings or salary maintenance from their work as a result of not being able to work during the period of self-isolation or quarantine at home
- Be workers that have exhausted sick leave entitlements including any special pandemic leave
- Not be receiving or eligible for the JobKeeper payment or other forms of Australian Government income support
Workers include those that are permanent, casual, part-time, fixed term, and self-employed.
How to apply for a COVID-19 hardship payment?
There is no application process to access the COVID-19 hardship payment.
The Department of Health and Human Services’ case and contact tracing team will directly contact all confirmed COVID-19 cases and their close contacts. During this call, a needs assessment for the COVID-19 hardship payment will be done over the phone.
This is the only way to access this payment.
For further information about the payment or to find out if you’re eligible contact us directly.