Visa 408 COVID-19 sub-stream announced
Breaking news: COVID-19 sub-stream of 408 visa announced for certain former and current holders of temporary visas to lawfully remain in Australia and who otherwise would have to depart Australia but due to COVID-19 pandemic are unable to leave.
- Must hold a visa that is 28 days or less from ceasing to be in effect
- Or, held a visa that is no more than 28 days from ceasing to be in effect
- And, are unable to apply for the same temporary visa they hold or held or any other subclass of temporary visa other than the Subclass 408 visa
- Must be part of response to workforce shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic in relation to areas including, but not limited to, agriculture, aged care and public health.
- Allow holders of temporary visas who are engaged in or have the relevant skills to undertake critical work relating to supply of essential goods and services
Read the full list of FAQs from the Governement here.
You can find the Legislative Instrument here.
Get in touch with us below to find out if you’re eligible to access this new COVID-19 sub-stream.