Applications for a job check are now open to accredited New Zealand employers as part of the Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) which commences 4 July 2022.
The job check is the second of a 3-step process to be able to hire a migrant worker therefore if you are an employer who is already accredited, you can now apply for a job check. Job check approval is valid for 6 months.
Accredited employers who pass the job check can ask a migrant worker to apply for an AEWV from 4 July 2022.
For employers who are advertising more than one role, they can be included together in a job check if they are:
- included in the same set of advertising
- the same job for the same employer in the same place, and
- covered by the same proposed employment agreement with the same pay.
Please note, separate job checks are needed if the terms of the work vary between roles.
Checklist before applying for a job check:
Before you start a job check application you need:
- accreditation to hire on the Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV)
- an acceptable job offer, job description and employment agreement (the job must be for at least 30 hours a week and pay the market rate and at least the New Zealand median wage of NZD $27.76 an hour, unless it is on an exemption list)
- evidence you advertised if the job pays less than twice the median wage or is not on the Green List – most jobs need to be advertised for two weeks
- the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) code that best matches the job you are offering based on the INZ view of ANZSCO.
To find out more about the AEWV which opens on 4 July 2022, contact our team of experts who can work on your behalf and complete the employer accreditation process.
Get in touch with Arno and the team to find out how we can help: Arno.Nothnagel@absoluteimmigration.com