NSW Government will fund $4million to support temporary visa holders
The NSW Government will fund $4 million to support temporary visa holders and specialist migrant and settlement services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding will provide temporary visa holders facing hardship due to COVID-19 with access to:
- Food and supplies
- Medical support
- Essential housing
The funding will also be available to other support services including:
- Culturally appropriate case and support workers
- Transportation and outreach services to connect with isolated communities
- Interpreting and translation services
The increase in funding is in addition to the $2million of grants previously distributed as emergency relief to asylum seekers.
To receive funding you must apply for the COVID-19 emergency relief grant for vulnerable temporary visa holders by 4:00pm Monday 27 July 2020 and demonstrate hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can apply for the grant or find more information on the NSW Government website.
Please note asylum seekers and international students are excluded from this funding as they have been covered in previous funding measures.
For any inquiries
Contact one of our registered migration agents today
Call 1300 227 658
Chefs among the 22 Occupations added to PMSOL, supporting Covid recovery
The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Alex Hawke MP has announced the inclusion of 22 additional skilled occupations on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
The PMSOL was developed in 2020, in conjunction with the National Skills Commission, to ensure critical occupations are filled to continue to create Australian jobs and aid in Australia’s recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation will be subject to quarantine arrangements at their own expense. Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and visas will still be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The addition of 22 occupations listed below (including ANZSCO codes), brings the PMSOL to 41 in total.
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)