Immigration experts in Australia and NZ

Changing Employers on a Temporary Activity Visa

The Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) permits temporary visas holders to remain lawfully in Australia, and continue working if they’re currently employed or capable of being employed in critical industry sectors, or if they have no other visa options and cannot return to their home country due to the pandemic travel restrictions.

Workers on the Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) are permitted to change employer for a different employer(s) in any critical sector occupation and position. They may also work for multiple employers however, at least one employer must be in a critical sector.

It is important to note, any changes of employment must be notified to the Department of Home Affairs using Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances.

Subscribe for the latest immigration updates

Subscribe to keep current with the latest immigration changes affecting your situation and industry. Follow us on our social media channels so you don’t miss an update.