From Sunday 13 March, 11.59 pm, applications will be open for a range of working holiday schemes in New Zealand. The opening will be a staged approach with various schemes being opened on particular dates that will be confirmed by Immigration New Zealand.
If you are a skilled worker it may be easier to be granted an ‘other critical worker’ border exception.
- You are now eligible if you earn at least 1.5 times the median wage (NZD $84,240 a year or NZD $40.50 an hour) for roles longer than 6 months.
- If you are classified as an ‘other critical worker’ who meets the 1.5 times the median wage bright line test, you are no longer required to demonstrate that your skills are not readily obtainable in New Zealand.
- The highly skilled family reunification border exception is aligned with the 1.5 times the median wage bright line test for ‘other critical workers’
The border is now open to New Zealanders and other eligible travellers coming from anywhere in the world and you do not need to self-isolate when you arrive.
This means you can travel to New Zealand isolation-free if you:
- Are eligible to enter the border while it is restricted, including if you have a border exception
- Meet health requirements, including being fully vaccinated and getting pre-departure tests
For any questions or assistance, please get in touch with our team of experts.