Photo by Will Patino
Selections of expressions of interest (EOIs) for the Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa (SMC) will resume on 9 November 2022.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) uses a points-based system to assess EOIs and on 9 November they will select all EOIs with at least 160 points, which is the current threshold.
Immigration New Zealand’s Points Indicator
After 9 November, the threshold will increase to 180 points.
EOIs will be selected again on 18 January 2023.
The threshold increase will only affect EOIs after 9 November 2022.
- 9 November 2022 – Selections will resume from 9 November 2022. All EOIs with at least 160 points will be selected.
- 18 January 2023 – The second selection will be on 18 January 2023. All EOIs with at least 180 points will be selected.
- After 18 January 2023 – Selections after 18 January 2023 will be on the third Wednesday of each month. All EOIs with at least 180 points will be selected.
Expression of Interest selection
Those who have submitted EOIs can proceed, or withdraw and request a refund.
1. Proceed option
Those who wish to proceed must:
- ensure details are correct, and
- claim eligible points before 9 November 2022.
Selected EOIs will be checked to ensure the right number of points are claimed. Those who meet the points threshold will be invited to apply for an SMC Resident Visa.
2. Withdraw option
Those who wish to withdraw and request a refund should do so before 9 November 2022. Refunds are not available after the EOI has been selected.
EOIs submitted before 9 May 2022
EOIs submitted before 9 May 2022 that are not selected on 9 November 2022 will expire. They will not be reselected.
EOIs submitted after 9 May 2022
EOIs submitted on or after 9 May 2022 that are not selected will expire 6 months from the date of submission.
For further information and assistance, contact Arno Nothnagel, our NZ Immigration Director here.