Photo: New Zealand Story
Immigration NZ is now working with Accredited Employer Work Visa employers to ensure they are compliant with accreditation requirements.
This post-accreditation process is conducted by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and helps show where there may be instances of migrant worker exploitation.
Any accredited employer may be selected for this process.
MBIE may want information from selected employers to confirm the undertakings and statements made in their accreditation application. This may include, but is not limited to:
- financial statements to demonstrate financial viability
- evidence of PAYE payments to migrant employees
- evidence of how offshore recruitment agents of their migrant employees were paid
- hiring dates of migrant employees
- evidence that settlement information was provided to migrant employees
- logs of hours worked by migrant workers
- information on which key persons are involved in the business, and their role.
For any questions regarding this update or any further immigration matters, please contact Arno Nothnagel, our NZ Immigration Director, here.