Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program
The program is designed to attract skilled migrants at the top future-focused fields to Australia. The program brings the best talent from around the world.
To express interest for priority processing within the program, a candidate will be highly skilled in one of the seven target sectors and be able to command a salary that meets the high income threshold or be a highly graded recent PhD or Masters Graduates.
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
Expected salary threshold
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold (FWHIT), which is currently AUD148,700. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing whether a candidate is likely to have the ability to meet this salary threshold, the Department will consider:
- current salary evidenced through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD or Masters graduates in the target sectors.
Before you apply
You must first provide an expression of interest for consideration under the Global Talent program.
A unique identifier will be provided to individuals who meet the program parameters, which provides priority processing for a Distinguished Talent visa application.
Applying for the visa
As part of the application, you will need to be endorsed by a nominator who has a national reputation in the same field as you and is either:
- an eligible Australian citizen, resident
- eligible New Zealand citizen
- an Australian organisation.