The Global Talent Employer Sponsored (GTES) program is part of the Government’s Global Business and Talent Attraction Taskforce which aims to attract the brightest and best to help create a more prosperous Australia.
** The program **
The Global Talent Employer Sponsored (GTES) program allows employers to sponsor overseas workers for highly-skilled niche positions that cannot be filled:
- by Australian workers
- through other standard visa programs - in particular, the Short-term stream and Medium-term stream of the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa
Before the Department enters into an agreement, businesses must be able to demonstrate that they can’t fill the position through existing skilled visa programs.
You will then be able to sponsor workers for a TSS visa under the GTES.
The GTES is designed to benefit Australia and Australian workers.
It aims to bring globally mobile, highly-skilled and specialised individuals to Australia who can act as 'job multipliers' in Australian businesses, helping them to hire more local staff and fill critical areas of need.
Any position filled through a GTES agreement must provide opportunities for Australians by, for example:
- creating new jobs for Australians
- transferring skills and knowledge to Australian workers
You must demonstrate how you realise these opportunities throughout the GTES agreement period.
** Key features **
- Trusted employers can access highly-skilled roles - you are not restricted to occupation lists for the TSS visa short-term or medium–term streams
- There are 2 streams – Established business and Startups
- The earning threshold for applicants is higher than under the standard TSS stream
- You can negotiate variations on the standard TSS visa requirements
- The visa is valid for up to 4 years and allows access to a permanent residence pathway
- You can negotiate age requirements for the permanent residence pathway
- Priority processing of GTES agreements
- Approved businesses must meet specific criteria and requirements to be considered for the GTES
*GTES streams *
- Established Business stream
- Startup stream