With over 50 years of experience in the immigration industry, here are my top tips for someone considering lodging an Australian partner visa:
1. Just because you are in a genuine relationship with an Australian citizen/Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, don’t assume that the Department of Home Affairs will automatically see it this way
2. Your Partner Visa application needs to be focused and contain only relevant supporting material
3. Following on from the tip above – you should only provide relevant information. Don’t think the Department will be impressed by the quantity of supporting evidence you provide. Too much information is in many ways worse than not enough
4. Don’t assume that just because you appear to have gone through the document check list and supplied what you believe you have been asked for, that the application will be approved
5. Remember that when the Department’s case officer reviews your application, they need to be convinced immediately that your application should be approved. Don’t think they will take the time to ask you for additional supporting information
6. Remember that this is one of the most important life decisions you will make so seek help from someone who is experienced and well qualified to help you achieve your goal of settling in Australia with your life partner. Chose an expert, registered migration agent who is experienced in handling partner visas
7. The partner visa process is time consuming and expensive so you need to get it right the first time!
Some people cut their own hair, some do their own tax returns and some even undertake surgery on themselves…….sometimes they have success but do you want to take that risk?
If you are considering applying for an Australian Partner Visas contact Laurie Duncan, Director – Partner Visas at Absolute Immigration.
Simply schedule a consultation online here – http://absoluteimmigration.com/schedule-a-call/