The Department of Home Affairs has just announced the cessation of priority processing requests.
Absolute Immigration disagrees with this action. We believe there are a number of questionable decisions that could be overturned by the government which could affect sponsoring companies and overseas foreign nationals looking to work in Australia.
Sponsors will no longer be able to request priority processing of 482 visa applications.
In the past this was possible in those cases where:
- the nominee was already a subclass 457/482 visa holder (i.e. change of employer nominations);
- the position was part of large-scale contracts/projects with imminent deadlines
- the sponsors/positions were located in a remote location.
TSS visa applications will now be processed in the following order as outlined in Ministerial Direction No. 77:
- Applications lodged by accredited sponsors
- Applications lodged for positions that are located in regional Australia
- Applications lodged under the Labour Agreement stream
- All other applications
Accredited Sponsors are also afforded other application related benefits.
Absolute Immigration can assist your business with becoming an Accredited Sponsor – please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information. You can schedule a call online here to speak with one of our senior registered migration agents – http://absoluteimmigration.com/schedule-a-call/